ATTENTION TO ALL ARTIST!
If you are reading this, we believe you and/or your friends may be looking to secure a spot at AniManGaki 2019 to showcase your artistic skills and perhaps to sell your wares. Fret not, you are at the right place and we got you covered. Please be informed that the following rules are necessary in order to help upgrade and maintain our standard of excellence, and must therefore be made aware and abided to throughout your stay at AniManGaki 2019.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Fill up Registration Form
The registration is now closed.
ELIGIBLE REGISTRANT SCREENING
Filter eligible applications for Lottery system.
Generate list of applications (pray here ?).
PAYMENT & BOOTH ALLOCATION
Confirmation email will be sent to selected applications with payment details.
Booth allocations will be random too.
- Kindly read the following rules carefully before applying for the booth.
- Registration period will open at 12.00pm on 11th June 2019 (Tuesday) and will close at 8.00pm on 21st June 2019 (Friday).
- Forms submitted before or after the registration period will not be entertained.
- All registrations will be screened for eligible applicants. Each group that applies and is accepted will count as one entry. Any artist found applying under multiple names will see his/her application immediately rejected.
- The booth selection process will be on a lottery basis.
- Payment information will be sent out to those who are selected via email. Most communications will be done via email, please ensure you have entered the correct email address when registering.
- Kindly process payment as per email instruction and reply with the requested information for verification purposes.
- If payment is not made within the given time frame, your booth will be forfeited and will be placed back into the next lottery session.
- Payment confirmation email will be sent out once payment is confirmed and verified. Please allow up to 2 weeks of processing time.
- You must bring the confirmation email, and/or a government-issued photo ID (i.e., IC or passport) for check-in.
- Each booth is priced at RM370 (RM320 + RM50 refundable deposit) nett for 2 days. You may collect your deposit after 4:30pm on 1st September 2019 (Sunday).
- Check-in will begin at 8.00pm on 30th August 2019 (Friday). Alternatively, you can check-in from 8.30am onwards on both event days and enter the hall before we officially open the doors. Setting up before than those times stated above is not allowed.
- Each booth consists of one table with standard table cloth and two chairs. Table size is 5ft (152.40 cm) x 2ft (60.96 cm) in dimensions. Due to safety concerns, any extension of table decorations cannot exceed the height of 2.5 meters from the ground.
- Every booth purchased comes with two tags by default. These tags must be worn during AniManGaki 2019 at all times. Failure to produce tags may mean potential removal from the event.
- No ticket holders are allowed to be in the artist alley booth area, to ensure the safety of your belongings. If your booth is in need of extra hands kindly purchase extra tags for your helper.
- Booth may be decorated to your liking or to fit the theme.
- Fan arts and crafts related to animation, comics and games are highly encouraged.
- AniManGaki is not responsible for any sales, items, or emotional loss occurred during the event. Be responsible and aware of your personal belongings at all times.
- No commercial/bootleg/industrial goods (new or preowned). Artist booths are for self-published works. If you are a company or organization, consider applying for an exhibitor booth.
- No dangerous/illegal items. This includes but not limited to sharp objects, chemicals, working guns, 18+ rated, stolen copyright goods, etc.
- Food/drinks are allowed but no cooking of any sort.
- Keep booth(s) and its surrounding area clean at all times.
- Do not disturb your neighbouring booths. Everyone is here to have a good time and nobody likes a party pooper.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any booth owners found to be in violation of the rules will be warned. If unwilling to follow instructions, booth owners will be asked to leave the event ground premise and/or blacklisted for future events.
- All booths are required to be ready by 11:00am on both event days. Late comers without prior notice will result in forfeit of the refundable deposit.
- AniManGaki is not liable for any items lost/stolen at our event. Please take care of your belongings.
- AniManGaki is not responsible for items sold by other booth’s owner. However, if they are, say; selling your art or doing any copyright infringement, kindly report to us and we will take the necessary action.
- AniManGaki is not liable for any bodily injury caused by third party. However, please do seek us for any medical action if necessary.
- If you have lost or found any items, please report to us at the Information Counter.
- AniManGaki is not responsible for any lost sales during the event.
- Booth owners shall at all times protect, indemnify, and keep harmless AniManGaki against and from any loss, cost, damage, liability, or expense which arises out or from or by reason of any act or omission of booth owners and teammates.
- AniManGaki reserves the right to forfeit the refundable deposit if booth owners are found in violation of the rules.
- Lastly, just have fun at AniManGaki 2019.
What is AniManGaki?
AniManGaki is an animation, comics and games (ACG) convention held annually at Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre (2011 - 2018).
Our mission is to be a gathering place for enthusiasts, fandoms and followers to celebrate all things geeky; interests ranging from the edgy Japanese pop-culture to the Marvel-DC of the Western world.
Held over two fun-filled days of costumes, exhibits, theme-inspired activities, guests appearances, autograph sessions, and stage performances, AniManGaki is sure to give all visitors an amazing and memorable weekend!
What does the name AniManGaki stand for?<br />
AniManGaki is the portmanteau of four words: Anime, Manga, Games, and Gaki (Japanese slang for 'brat').
The convention name was coined on 30th March 2009 at 3.00am via MSN Messenger Chatroom between the founder and a crew member. The finishing piece came easy, given that it was the founder's nickname for the crew members.
You've guessed it right; it was the word 'gaki'.
Am I a 'Gaki'?
The word 'gaki' in Japanese means 'brat'. Originally a nickname strictly reserved for the crew members, the term now extends to include all fans and attendees of AniManGaki. It acts as a sign of bond between us, you, and many other 'gaki's out there. High-five a fellow 'gaki' today!
What can I expect from AniManGaki?<br />
If this is your first time experiencing AniManGaki's convention, you may expect a variety of activities in store at the event.
Kindly grab a copy of our printed schedules and leaflets at AniManGaki to keep track of all the happenings and pick those that interests you. Expect a crowded environment throng with people who share similar interests with one another. You will see how easy it is to make new friends here.
Last but not least, remember to have fun!
Are there any ATMs around?<br />
ATMs are readily available within the mall, located below the convention centre.
I heard rumor about AniManGaki. How can I find out if it's true?<br />
Contact us with your questions. A major reason we established contacts lists and social media pages was to get accurate, up to date information out to the fans.
Who should purchase entry tickets?<br />
All attendees who are ten-years-old and above will require a ticket to enter AniManGaki.
Anyone under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18 for the duration of their time at the event.
We highly recommend that individuals under 18 years of age be accompanied by an adult as well.
AniManGaki tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Where can I purchase AniManGaki entry tickets?<br />
To enter the AniManGaki event area, entry tickets must be purchased beforehand.
Entry tickets will be sold during both days of the event, from 9.30AM onwards till closing time. We advise coming early to avoid long queues.
Tickets may be purchased earlier at selected local events prior to AniManGaki. Please stay tuned to our Facebook page for announcements on locations of early ticket sales.
What time does the Exhibit Hall open?<br />
Traditionally, early ticket holders will be allowed early entry into the outer halls by 9.30AM onwards, and start queuing for the main hall doors to open, which opens by 10.00AM, provided there are no delays.
Is Goods and Service Tax (GST) included in the ticket price?<br />
Fortunately, we will NOT be charging GST for our entry tickets*. However, we are still affected by the increase in prices of product and services needed to run this event. AniManGaki will be bearing the additional costs to keep ticket prices from fluctuating any higher than they need to be.
(*does not apply to products sold by exhibitors or booths.)
I would like to sell goods at AniManGaki. Who do I contact?<br />
If you are a commercial retail business, you may contact our staff for further details on booth availability at email@example.com.
Artists Booths (commonly referred to as Doujin Booths) are reserved for individuals, groups or circles of artists, writers, and small-volume craftspeople.
Where do I register for an Artist Booth?<br />
AniManGaki will announce on Facebook and website once registrations are open. You may also find the registration link on our website once registrations are open.
Can I bring my laptop or set a side table to the booth?
Yes and no. While we appreciate your attendance at our event, we also hope that you respect others in terms of space. Be notified that plugs will NOT be provided. Side tables are NOT allowed at all times as it may disrupt traffic flow.
Do I have to cosplay (dress up in a costume), and according to the theme?<br />
Cosplay is not required, but encouraged. You should dress for comfort if you intend to be spending long hours in the event area. However, many attendees may dress up, and if you're feeling creative, feel free to show off your skills. Our annual theme is to give our activities, event and attendees a basis to follow and provide content to our visitors. It is not required, but it is encouraged to give life to our theme!
Is wearing a bikini too much?<br />
We would like to remind you that AniManGaki is a family friendly event and that we request all attendees to respect this and dress appropriately on convention grounds. This applies as well to other sensitive, suggestive or obscene materials or items brought into AniManGaki. Appropriate footwear must be worn on convention grounds at all time; being barefooted or wearing socks only are not allowed. Check out our Rules and Regulations for more information.
Who or what is Kei-chan?<br />
Keichan is AniManGaki's one and only official mascot. Its gender remains highly debatable. Your guess is as good as ours.
How can I help or contribute to AMG?<br />
Sacrifice your time, soul and blood to our lord Kei-chan. If you can't, just volunteering at our events is a good start at showing us your dedication. Your passion and contribution will be noticed, for we are always watching...
MY QUESTION HASN’T BEEN ANSWERED.
We’d be happy to help! Get in touch via our Contact page and we’ll do our best to assist you.